ANSWER IRELAND'S CALL
We are one.
As you are aware, our global healthcare system is currently facing a huge surge in demand in response to the COVID-19 virus. In addition to the increasing demand being put on our healthcare system, our frontline healthcare professionals are facing a number of other challenges.
Our frontline healthcare workers require:
1) financial and logistical support to fly home (flights are being cancelled, flight restrictions etc.)
2) accommodation for returning doctors who need to isolate before commencing their work and for those healthcare workers who are already working but living in unsuitable accommodation
3) Practical supports: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), transportation etc.
Ireland’s Call Initiative (ICI) was established set up to raise funds and provide support frontline workers with
1. Flying the Heroes: providing financial and logistical support with booking
2. House the Heroes: We help to connect frontline healthcare workers with suitable accommodation
3. Kit the Heroes: provide practical supports, such as essential PPE (Protective Personal Equipment), transport and any other resources to keep our healthcare Heroes appropriately equipped and supported.
We are a group of Irish businesses and individuals who have volunteered our time and resources as an aide to civil authority.
Our Heroes include but are not limited to: Nurses, Doctors, Paramedics, the wider Healthcare Team who work tirelessly every day and risk their lives’ so that others can live theirs.
Please read more about our promise as set out below